Sedan or SUV?
- May 15, 2022
- Calgary Used Car Dealer, Calgary Used Car Dealership, Car Dealership, Cars, More Categories...
- Posted by Prime Autos
- Comments Off on Sedan or SUV?
It can be challenging to pick the right car that you think will suit you best. Should you go with a sleek sedan, or is an SUV with additional space preferable? And to add to that, you also have to consider whether a new car or a used car would be better for you.
We’ve compiled a list that emphasizes the differences between a Sedan and an SUV and highlights the advantages and disadvantages of both vehicles to help bring you one step closer to choosing your ideal car.
Design and Exterior
As far as appearances go, sedans have a sportier and more stylish look, while SUVs have a bulkier exterior. Sedans have a ground clearance lower than SUVs, which may increase the risk of getting caught on low obstacles.
Although SUVs have had a reputation for being less aerodynamic than a sedan, innovations have made them look a lot smoother and less boxy.
SUVs are the perfect car for you if you’re looking for a vehicle with solid build quality. It also allows taking it off on the road, which is ideal for outdoor adventures and long road trips. Depending on the brand of SUV you’re looking at, you can get one that has a 4X4 option. You can look at the lineup at a used car dealer in Calgary to see if they have the SUV option you prefer. SUVs also have bigger and stronger engines than a sedan which means being able to do more of what you want.
On the other hand, sedans are smaller than SUVs, making them easier to drive and park. A sedan is also more fuel-efficient than an SUV due to its size. Additionally, many sedans these days have their fuel efficiency with either a v6 or an enhanced with an entry-level four-cylinder.
Interior and Seating Space
Modern sedans have interiors that are designed for comfort and luxury. They provide lots of legroom in the rear area, ample trunk space, and a spacious driver’s compartment. Although, for seating space, a traditional 4-door sedan only allows for one row of seating.
SUVs have a bigger seating capacity than a sedan. They also have a lot more room in the front, rear, and trunk. The rear seats can usually be folded down, allowing more space for your belongings. If you have a family or like to go on trips with more than three people, an SUV would definitely be the right choice.
SUVs are bigger, consume more fuel, and generally cost more than a sedan. A lot of top trim SUVs can easily cost $70,000 and above. If you’re looking for a good deal on an SUV, there are some great prices on used vehicles in Calgary.
But, generally speaking, the sedan is the ideal choice for those people on a budget.
- A lot easier to drive on the road
- Easy to get in and out of
- A lower center of gravity means less risk of rolling over
- Lower cost
- More fuel-efficient
- It has a closed trunk design that’s safe for storage
- Flexible and reliable
- Can seat more passengers in larger SUVs
- Their size makes them capable of hauling heavy loads
- Ideal option for off-road driving
- Higher seating means increased visibility
- Less risk of damage in an accident
- Less passenger and cargo space
- The lower seating position gives less visibility to drivers
- AWD is generally not a standard option for most sedans
- Difficult to get in and out of
- More risk of rollover accidents
- They are not fuel-efficient and produce more carbon emissions
- Can be more expensive (although you can inquire with your local used car dealer for a more budget-friendly option)
When purchasing a car, the number of options available can make it challenging to pick the right one. If you’re on a budget, you can also opt for a vehicle trade-in Calgary at our dealership.
In the end, it all boils down to your personal preference. But keeping your driving and budget needs in mind is also essential when choosing the right car for you.