You have to weigh your options when buying a vehicle, depending on the factors that affect your decision. Are you going to settle for a used truck or a new one? Is a used car worth the investment?
Used Car Dealer in Calgary
It is best to see your choices and talk to the experts before making up your mind. You have to check all options; some dealerships specifically sell used cars and trucks in Calgary, while others sell new vehicles as well. Another possibility is opting for a private sale through Kijiji, Auto Trader or Facebook Marketplace.
Pros and Cons of New and Used Vehicles
Since you’d be spending a considerable amount no matter which one you choose, here’s a look at the pros and cons of the two ventures:
Buying a New Vehicle
- You will be the car’s new owner, so you don’t have to worry about any ugly history that it may have already gone through.
- As long as you use it properly, expect the car to go through only a few repairs in its first year or so.
- You can request financial assistance to lower the interest rate until you are done paying off the loan.
- You will be given a warranty depending on the manufacturer and car model.
- You need to pay an insurance premium based on factors such as the age of the driver and vehicle. Generally, the newer a car is, the higher premium you’d be required to pay.
- The car’s value depreciates fast immediately after you’ve driven it off the lot. As an estimate, the vehicle will retain about 40 percent of its original value by the time you are finished paying a 5-year loan.
- It is not a good investment, unlike a new house or jewelry. It may be a necessity, but if this is your reason, then you may want to look into the reasons why it’s better to settle for a used car
Buying a Used Car
- Obviously, the cost is lower, but it is not advisable to settle for the cheapest if you are still after the vehicle’s quality. The best way to go about shopping for a second-hand car is to check a reputable used car dealer in Calgary and limit your options to something less than two years old.
- Insurance also costs less in used vehicles than in new ones. You can also request the non-inclusion of certain features, such as theft damage and collision if you want to save more money.
- You need not worry about the car’s depreciating value on your first trips; its first owners have already shouldered such worries. A used vehicle depreciates slower than a new one.
- You may get lured into buying a cheap vehicle without looking into why it was given such a price tag. To avoid this scheme, make sure that you get the services of a known used car dealership in your area.
- It is expected that you will run into more repair instances when you have a used vehicle. This is another reason why it is essential to buy a used vehicle from a known used car dealer. They have a reputation to protect, and they always ensure that the cars are in top shape before leaving their vicinity.
Used Cars and Trucks Calgary
If you are buying a car because it is necessary, but you are not after the latest trends and models, it is best to search for a used car than a new one. You will find better value and experience less depreciation; this is especially true for people with a tight budget.
You can get a good deal and a great car as long as you rely on the services of reputable used car dealers in Calgary; as experts in the industry, they can provide the best value for your hard-earned money and find a used vehicle that fits your needs.